Position Description: Medical Case Manager
Floor Covering Industry Foundation
Part-time, hourly position, 20 hours a week, M-F in Dalton, GA office. Reports to Executive Director. Salary dependent on experience.
Secures and reviews clients’ medical and financial records to determine eligibility for grant programs. Works with grant applicants to gain needed documentation and assist in completing application for assistance. Provides referrals to other medical, financial, and support resources. Maintains confidentiality and privacy of all records. Attends community meetings, industry events, trainings, and volunteer projects as needed, as well as other duties as assigned.
· Speak and write in grammatically correct English.
· Comfort in working with diverse populations in person, via phone, and email.
· Ability to maintain professional office relationships and business attire.
· Compassion for families dealing with life-altering and catastrophic medical conditions.
· Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Use MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Education: Graduate of an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in a health or human service field or RN, LCSW, Rx program or CRC, CDMS, or similar certification.
· Certification(s): Certified Case Manager (or be eligible for certification: ccmcertification.org)
· Experience: Two years in medical case management or healthcare field preferred.
About the Floor Covering Industry Foundation
The Floor Covering Industry Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization that is dedicated to financially assisting those who are or have been affiliated with the floor covering industry who experience illnesses, severe disabilities, or other life-altering hardships. The Foundation ensures that these philanthropic efforts are accomplished with compassion, confidentiality, and preservation of dignity for the individuals concerned.
To apply send a resume, cover letter, and list of 3 professional references to email@example.com by November 24, 2017. No walk-ins or phone calls please.