Not sure if you qualify? Sumbit a Grant Inquiry Form.
Ready to apply? Download a 2018 Grant Application.
- Any applicant or immediate family member (immediate family member is defined as spouse, children or grandchildren) living in the same household and financially supported by the applicant or applicant’s spouse who has derived his or her primary income from employment in the floor covering business for at least five years, may qualify for assistance; eligible years do not have to be consecutive.
- Submission of a Financial Assistance Application and career documentation are required to determine eligibility for services.
- The applicant or immediate family member must be diagnosed by a practicing, certified physician as having a life-altering hardship such as catastrophic medical crisis, injury, or disability, or mental illness.
- The applicant or immediate family member must be in extreme financial need – with other sources such as family assistance, medical insurance, and disability insurance depleted.
- The applicant or immediate family member’s liquid assets will be considered.
- Grants may be provided for medical expenses or for basic necessities such as food, shelter, and utilities. Financial aid is based on individual need.
- Grants may be awarded on a one-time, specific procedure basis, or may be awarded as a monthly stipend.
- Grant amounts are based on documentation of financial need, with the grants disbursed at the discretion of the Distribution Committee of the Foundation Board of Directors; all decisions by the body are final.
- Please complete all sections of the Financial Assistance Application. All information on the application will be taken into consideration in determining the urgency of need. Failure to complete all sections of the application may result in a delay in reviewing the application.
- The physician’s diagnosis should be included with the application, along with medical records that were from no longer than six months ago.
- A copy of the most recent tax return filed by the applicant’s household is required.
- All applicants, whether denied or approved, will receive notification in writing.
Conditions & Limitations
- All grant beneficiaries are required to provide ongoing medical and financial reports and documents as required by the Foundation as a condition of continued funding.
- The financial assistance to beneficiaries will be reviewed every six months; any continued assistance will be determined by the Foundation Board of Directors Distribution Committee.
- In the event of the death of a recipient the Foundation must be notified either in writing (FCIF, 855 Abutment Rd. # 2, Dalton, GA 30721) or by telephone (855-330-1183) within two weeks of the recipient’s passing.