**Due to the spread of COVID-19, staff are working remotely. For fastest service, please email completed grant applications to our email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706.217.1183 x 109 for questions. Faxes will also go directly to our email box. Our fax number is 706.217.1165.**
Not sure if you qualify? Submit a Grant Inquiry Form:
Ready to apply?
We also have an example of a completed grant application that you can review.
Need More Info About Us?
Email email@example.com to access to our Corporate Toolkit!
Learn more about how FCIF helps families.
- Submission of a Financial Assistance Application, recent tax return and copies of household bills, medical records, and career documentation are required to determine eligibility for services.
- Employment Criteria: Any applicant or immediate family member (immediate family member is defined as spouse, parent, grandparent, children, or grandchildren) living in the same household and financially supported by the applicant or applicant’s spouse who has derived his or her primary income from employment in the floor covering business for at least five years, may qualify for assistance. Employment in the flooring industry must be current or ending within the past five years, unless the person left due to retirement or a qualifying illness, injury, or disability, as determined by the Foundation's severity criteria. Eligible years of employment do not have to be consecutive.
- Medical Criteria: The applicant must be diagnosed by a practicing, certified physician as having a life-altering hardship such as severe medical crisis, life-altering injury, or disability.
- The applicant or immediate family member must be in extreme financial need – with other sources such as family assistance, medical insurance, and disability insurance depleted.
- Grants may be provided for medical expenses or for basic necessities such as food, shelter, and utilities. Financial aid is based on individual need.
- Grants may be awarded on a one-time, specific procedure basis, or may be awarded as a monthly stipend.
- Grant amounts are based on documentation of financial need, with the grants disbursed at the discretion of the Distribution Committee of the Foundation Board of Directors; all decisions by the body are final.
- Please complete all sections of the Financial Assistance Application. All information on the application will be taken into consideration in determining the urgency of need. Failure to complete all sections of the application may result in a delay in reviewing the application.
Conditions & Limitations
- All grant beneficiaries are required to provide ongoing medical and financial reports and documents as required by the Foundation as a condition of continued funding.
- The financial assistance to beneficiaries will be reviewed every six months; any continued assistance will be determined by the Foundation Board of Directors' Grant Distribution Committee.
- In the event of the death of a recipient the Foundation must be notified either in writing (FCIF, 855 Abutment Rd. # 2, Dalton, GA 30721) or by telephone (855-330-1183) within two weeks of the recipient’s passing. Due to limited funding, grants are not available for funeral or other post-mortem expenses.