The Floor Covering Industry Foundation is dedicated to financially assisting those who are or have been affiliated with the floor covering industry who experience illnesses, severe disabilities, or other life-altering hardships.
The Foundation ensures that these philanthropic efforts are accomplished with compassion, confidentiality, and preservation of dignity for the individuals concerned. FCIF is a 501(c)3 organization.
Rising costs and expenses rob our beneficiaries of the basic financial freedom they deserve in their time of need. Financial help is viewed as an opportunity to say “we care” to those in our floor covering industry family.
The Foundation’s criteria for grants are:
- financial need
- 5+ years service to the floor covering industry
Grants are awarded based on need for expenses such as medical care, medications, medical supplies, and other expenses directly related to beneficiary care, as well as such basic necessities as food, shelter, and utilities.
Behind every assistance grant we have made is a story of crisis and perseverance—of a real person struggling through a difficult time. We are helping to keep unexpected setbacks from turning into permanent roadblocks.
Who We Have Helped
FCIF’s caring approach allows those in need to seek help with dignity and confidence. Our beneficiaries have included:
- a 29-year-old who was paralyzed from the neck down as the result of a hit-and-run accident
- transplant (heart, liver) patients
- a single parent’s two-year old son who had a malignant tumor and required chemotherapy and continuing tests for cancer
- a man who suffered a brain stem stroke at the age of 38 and is incapacitated with severe physical and cognitive impairment