Floor Covering Industry Foundation
Part-time, hourly position, 15 hours a week, M-F during the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in Dalton, GA office. Position is unpaid, but can use utilized for college credit upon institutional approval.
The Communications Intern will help with marketing and social media tasks including but not limited to:
- Interviewing grant recipients and other constituents in person or over the phone to gather content for use in writing success stories.
- Creating a strategic marketing & communication plan for the organization.
- Updating media contact lists.
- Creating content for our website and social media.
- Creating brochures and other collateral materials for the organization.
- Developing campaigns to improve awareness of the organizations.
- Track and measure analytics on website, social media, and print media impressions and reach.
The Communications Intern will have the opportunity to:
- Develop proficiency with graphic design software, including Adobe Creative Cloud apps such as Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Practice interviewing skills.
- Work in a professional office setting in a team environment.
- Write for media and trade publications specific to the floor covering industry.
- Near completion of an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in English, Communications, Marketing, Business Management, or other related field. Skills:
- Speak and write in grammatically correct English.
- Comfort in working with diverse populations in person, via phone, and email.
- Ability to maintain professional office relationships and business attire.
- Compassion for families dealing with life-altering and catastrophic medical conditions.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Use MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Prefer basic use of Adobe Illustrator, InDeisgn, and Photoshop.
About the Floor Covering Industry Foundation
The Floor Covering Industry Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization that is dedicated to financially assisting those who are or have been affiliated with the floor covering industry who experience illnesses, severe disabilities, or other life-altering hardships. The Foundation ensures that these philanthropic efforts are accomplished with compassion, confidentiality, and preservation of dignity for the individuals concerned.
To apply send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.